As most vehicle owners are aware, certain types of maintenance are required on a vehicle at specific times in an automobile’s lifespan. Ignoring maintenance is often the fastest way to mechanical difficulties and premature decline of the vehicle’s operations.
An appointment for a tuneup involves more than engine work, and many systems are checked during the process. For casual drivers or people who use their vehicle to commute a few miles each day, a yearly visit to the mechanic for an engine tuneup offers the chance to catch problems before they impact the vehicle’s functionality.
Benefits of a regular tuneup include:
- Worn parts are replaced before the failure occurs
- Fuel efficiency enhanced or returned to normal
- Engine life is extended, and performance is enhanced
- Owner experiences fewer breakdowns
- Projects Common with a Standard Tuneup:
- Replacement of spark plugs
- Timing and idle of the vehicle adjusted
- Maintenance on the clutch (for standard transmissions)
- Replacement of air filter or fuel filter
When to seek a tuneup:
- Gas mileage starts to suffer
- Check engine light illuminated
- Engine stalls or runs inconsistently
- The vehicle won’t start reliably
- Strange sounds come from the engine
- The vehicle won’t accelerate properly
When and if a vehicle owner wants to sell their car, evidence of regular tune-ups, proper maintenance, and care will increase the car’s value and provide a strong tool for negotiating a higher sale price. Even if a vehicle has a hundred thousand miles on it, regular tuneups and simple replacement of items like the filters and spark plugs should mean that the engine and transmission have tens of thousands of miles left on them.
Engine Repair Near Me
One important factor in obtaining a regular vehicle tuneup is that it’s not just the functionality of the vehicle at stake but also the car’s or truck’s safety. When a system connected to the engine fails or operates at reduced efficiency, the engine’s performance suffers, and the overall longevity of the machinery declines. Getting an engine tuneup each year is highly recommended for all vehicle owners. And if you have problems, the team at YHS Automotive offers the best engine repair in Katy, TX!